Thursday 7 February 2019

Gift Horse by Jan Ruth



Reviewer : Gillian Hamer, author of The Charter, Closure, Complicit, Crimson Shore, False Lights & Sacred Lake (www.gillianhamer.com)

I'm a big fan of this author as her books are based in North Wales - one of my most favourite places in the world and her talent for writing brings alive the location in all of her books.

I loved Gift Horse for many reasons. Firstly, the authors knowledge and passion for horses and associated therapy through animals shone out in the writing and added another level of interest for me, I even found myself Googling the subject whilst reading! Also, I loved the human layers and morals in the storyline. How a drunken one-night stand can have life-long ramifications and how so many lives can be affected by one bad decision.

The plot in general was gripping and unpredictable - another trait of this author - and I thought the ending was well thought out and cleverly written. As ever, the characters were perfectly drawn – engaging and still yet littered with human failings that many of us can associate with. I liked the push and pull of the romance in the story and felt drawn to each of the characters for different reasons.

Gift Horse was a total page turner for me and I hope there's a follow up to come very soon!

Highly recommended!

You’ll enjoy this if you like: Kate Hamer, Jo Cannon, Ruth Hogan.

Avoid if you don’t like: Horses and Wales.

Ideal accompaniments: Ploughman’s Lunch and a pint of pear cider.

Genre: Contemporary

Available on Amazonhttps://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07HRYJTX7/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=trisbook-21&creative=6738&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07HRYJTX7&linkId=9aaea1df97fe030f0af340537831173a

No comments:

Post a Comment